- Become A Vendor
- Registration for the 2017 Johnnie O Jackson Classic is Now Open
- 1st Annual School Supply Drive
- Stroud’s Fitness Presents The Johnnie O Jackson Powerlifting Meet
- Train with a Pro – Johnnie O Jackson
- IFBB Pro – Ron Partlow JOJ Classic Emcee
- Johnnie O. Jackson Classic 2016
- You’re Invited! Stop by my booth
- Branch Warren – Guest Poser
Is Cardio Good For Strength?
- Updated: January 25, 2013
I always do cardio, even if it’s just 20 minutes three or four times a week. The idea that cardio will hurt your strength isn’t just a myth, it’s completely backward. Maintaining good cardiovascular function is only going to help your lifting. Think about it for a minute. Improving your oxygen capacity will help you get more oxygen into your lungs so you can work harder. Trust me, if cardio really did hinder my strength, you can bet your ass I would stop doing it during those times of the year when I focus purely on powerlifting. But I’ve tried that in the past and saw my performance suffer, while adding the cardio back in enhanced it. So for your strength as well as your health, you really need to do it.