- Become A Vendor
- Registration for the 2017 Johnnie O Jackson Classic is Now Open
- 1st Annual School Supply Drive
- Stroud’s Fitness Presents The Johnnie O Jackson Powerlifting Meet
- Train with a Pro – Johnnie O Jackson
- IFBB Pro – Ron Partlow JOJ Classic Emcee
- Johnnie O. Jackson Classic 2016
- You’re Invited! Stop by my booth
- Branch Warren – Guest Poser
Do You Sleep Enough?
- Updated: February 4, 2013
I think if you can get a solid seven or eight hours of restful, uninterrupted sleep, you’re golden. In the off-season, I get six or seven hours a night like that and I’m fine. Once I start dieting and doing cardio and posing practice with Sheila Brown (she works with me and Branch), I have a hard time sleeping for more than an hour or two at a pop without waking up, and have a tough time getting back to sleep. I think the body becomes more efficient when you diet, mainly because you’re eating so clean. The brain doesn’t seem to require as much sleep, but physically I do tend to get more exhausted as the weeks of prep go on. That’s when I start taking what I call my “old man naps.” If I were able to sleep six hours straight, I wouldn’t need those. But regardless, I’m up at 4:00 a.m. every morning to do my cardio.